Diabetes cookbook and meal plan for the newly diagnosed
This is a book written by the Nutritionist and diabetes educator, cookbook author Lori Zanini. In this book Lori wrote extensively on what NEWLY DIAGNOSED Diabetes individuals needs to know. The kind of healthy diet that will help manage and control type 2 diabetes.
Lori puts in consideration the facts that nobody likes a tasteless dish in this book of hers, the diabetes cookbook and meal plan for the newly diagnosed the dish for the diabetes individual can be consumed by the family also because of the consideration she puts in place.
In this diabetes cookbook and meal plan for the newly diagnosed an individual will see the following:
PART ONE: Before you get started
- Understand what it means to be diagnosed with type 2
- Get educated about diabetes nutrition
- Reframe and rebuild: Mindful and practical planning for the month ahead and for your lifestyle.
PART TWO: The meal plan
- The four-week plan for the newly diagnosed
- Beyond four weeks
PART THREE: Th recipes
- Soups, salads, and sandwiches
- Vegetable side dishes
- Meatless main dishes
- Chicken and Turkey
- Beef, pork, and lamb
- Fishes and seafood
- Sauces, Dips and Dressings
Lori wrote extensively on the above topics and she put everything in consideration which the newly diagnosed should know. Some of the other things that can be found in the book include:
- Four week of expertly designed meal plans. These meal plans are very flexible to customize and is easy to follow and will meet your nutritional and lifestyle needs.
- More than 100 quick and easy, balanced recipes that taste delicious and have wholesome and nourishing ingredients your entire family will enjoy.
- Her popular complete the plate method to balanced eating. Continuing from her first cookbook. This simple graphic, preserved alongside each recipe, will give you insight into how to mix and match recipes to create complete meals.
- Education so you can understand the exactly what a type 2 diabetes diagnosis is and what it means for you and how food and lifestyle factors can greatly benefit you.
- Science-backed solutions and answers to common questions.
- Is diabetes reversible?
- What is the difference between prediabetes, type 1 diabetes, and type 2 diabetes?
- What specific concerns should I discuss with my doctor?
- Are there any mental health considerations I need to know about?
- What about medications?
All of the above questions are been answered in the diabetes cookbook and meal plan for the newly diagnosed
- Practical advice for managing diabetes in the real world. Topics include:
- What to order in your favourite restaurants
- How to navigate special occasions
- Stress-free planning and preparing of meals
- How to enjoy social events
- What to do when you are on the run, and much more
About the Author
LORI ZANINI, RD, CDE, is a nationally recognized, award-winning food and nutrition expert. She is the author of Eat What You Love Diabetes Cookbook and is featured regularly in both local and national media, including CNN, DoctorOz.com, Healthline, Everyday Health, SELF, Forbes, ABC7, and many others. She is a former national media spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Lori lives in Los Angeles, California, with her husband and toddler son.