Blood sugar or blood glucose is the sugar in the blood. It’s majormajorly glucose which is the main carbohydrate obtained from meal. Our body utilize this glucose for energy. In diabetes this sugar can not be utilized efficiently.
Normal blood sugar level
Normal blood sugar level include
|blood sugar classification||Fasting Minimum||Fasting Maximum||2hrs after eating|
|normal blood sugar||70||100||less than 140|
|established diabetes||Over 125||Over 125||more than 200|
The above table contains the normal value of blood sugar level.
13 things that cause increase in blood sugar level
These are the list of 13 things that affects blood sugar level either by increasing it or decreasing it. Note should be taken about these things
We recommend books and products we thought will be of benefit to our reader. Links here are affiliate links, we earn a commission if you purchase anything through the link. Recommended product here
- Sunburn: avoid sunburn, sunburn affects your blood sugar level.
- Artificial sweetner: avoid artificial sweetners, they cause a rise in your blood sugar level
- Coffee: coffee affect your blood sugar level by causing an increase in your blood sugar level
- Not getting enough sleep: try as much as possible to get enough sleep. Not getting enough sleep affects your blood sugar level.
- Dehydration: avoid been dehydrated, it affects your blood sugar level
- Nose spray: some of this nose spray cause the dilation of the lungs thereby causing an increase in blood sugar level.
- Foods rich in saturated fat: avoid foods rich in saturated fat, they affects your sugar level in a negative way.
- Missing breakfast: Missing breakfast affects your sugar level. When you miss breakfast, your body tends to compensate for that as a result there will be an increase in blood sugar level
- Hormonal change(Menstruation): Hormonal changes during menstruation affects blood sugar level.
- Physical inactivity: doing nothing may affect your blood sugar. Avoid sitting down for too long. Even a walk to the kitchen will be better.
- Stress: avoid stress at all means. Stress affect your blood sugar in a negative way
- Medication and supplements: some of these diabetes medication may cause an increase or decrease in your blood sugar level.
- Gum disease: severe gum disease affects your blood sugar level in a negative way.
9 ways to lower your blood sugar instantly and naturally
These are the ways to help lower your blood sugar level instantly.
- Exercise regular
- Increase fibre intake
- Stay hydrated
- Eat foods rich protein
- Manage stress
- Monitor your blood sugar level
- Have enough sleep
- Maintain your body weight
Listen to your favorite audio books and podcast at AUDIBLE BOUNTY PROGRAM